Our client, founded over 30 years ago, as a manufacturer of small machined, pressed, formed and fabricated aerospace parts, have since then developed and moved into the full logistics, supply chain management and distribution of these products delivering a broad portfolio of value added services.
Our client are looking to recruit an experienced Quality Manager, the main purpose of this role is to implement and maintain a proactive company quality strategy and quality management system which details objectives and KPI’s in line with company goals, ensuring that all regulatory requirements are met. In conjunction with an external H&S consultant you will also provide internal support and guidance in areas of health and safety compliance.
- Develop and implement company quality management systems and self-sustaining processes
- Maintain all quality systems and liaise with senior management to report on their performance, making recommendations for future improvements where necessary
- Manage audits and approval processes
- Own, manage, develop and report on all company KPI’s to senior management
- Co-ordinate and resolve any customer/supplier/internal quality issues
- Monitor compliance against customer requirements and standards
- Identify areas of improvement and establish innovative or adjust existing work procedures and practices
You will have:
- Sound experience within a Quality role within a similar industry (Ideally Aerospace)
- Ideally have sound knowledge of AS9120 quality requirements
- Background of working in an environment where attention to detail is important
- Auditing skill, organisation and forward planning abilities
- Ability to read and understand mechanical engineering data including drawings, standards etc. and their application
- Experience of basic measuring equipment
- Ideally have an understanding of REACH requirements
- Ideally have a minimum HNC in Mechanical Engineering
- You will be a strong, resilient character with excellent working knowledge of quality management systems
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
If you would like to hear more about the opportunity, please send your CV to Stuart Tomkinson on the email provided below, or call 0161 639 0080. Alternatively you can apply via the link.